Tuesday, December 7, 2010

(Killer) White Chocolate popcorn for White Wednesday!


The following easy recipe will make you the most popular kid on the block.

I'm not joking.
Here's all you need...
Pop two bags of your favorite microwave popcorn.
(you can do it the old fashioned way - you'll have to make two batches)

After the popcorn is completely popped, dump it into a large mixing bowl.
Melt one 12 -14 oz. package of vanilla Candy Melts (or Melt 'N Molds or whatever Safeway or Michaels has on sale) in the microwave slowly.
The key here is to melt it in 30-second increments.  After each 30-second round, stir - back in for 30 seconds, stir - you get the idea...until every morsel is melted.

After about four 30-second rounds (2 minutes total) it looks like this:
Immediately pour over popcorn and mix together thoroughly.
Cool for at least an hour.
(If you are impatient like me, you can throw it into the fridge)

I bag it up in cellophane bags for gifts...


bowl - $1 Walmart! bags: 16/$4.99 Michaels!

 ...but the greatest thing about this treat is putting a bowl of it out and watching people's eyes roll back in their head when they first taste it.
looks innocent enough.....
You see, it looks like regular old popcorn, so the look on your friends faces when they eat this stuff is worth the price of admission.
The Eighth Wonder of the World.
Oh yeah, and come prepared with the recipe - you're going to get requests.
(I believe it was my good friend Beth who gave me the recipe)
This stuff is like crack cocaine.

The first one's free....

I'm linking to Faded Charm today for White Wednesday!
If I were you, I'd jump on over there to check out all the pretties!

Bon appetit!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. THAT should be against the law, my friend!!! Yum, yum, yum!!!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say CHOCOLATE popcorn? Oh that sounds sooooo yummy!

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popcorn and white chocolate....two of my favorite things combined into one tasty treat! I'm buying some of those candy melts tomorrow and trying this.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had it. It's very addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that the sound of arteries hardening?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our ptsa made 3 c. bags of this for the 400 teachers at my kids HS a couple years ago. Ya, that's 1200 cups! We added some red hots for a little Christmas color. You know it was a big hit.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete