Monday, November 22, 2010

Why I went to sleep last night grinning from ear to ear.



When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
                                  -- Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A. A. Milne



I never know what to expect when entering a new show.

Will the masses see in my creations what I see???

Are my designs appealing only to me and will I be laughed at behind my back?
("Who does she think she is, calling herself an artist???")

I go through this before every.single.show.

All I can say after a lo-o-o-ong weekend of smiling muscle cramps and very little sleep is....

"They like me! They really LIKE me!"
(move over Sally Field)

Thank you to everyone who came out and introduced yourself to me (us).

Thank you to all our friends who have encouraged and supported this endeavor.

Thank you to my new BFFs Jenni,  Holly and Becky,  Laura (and your cute mama), and Chrissy  for your enthusiastic support and amazing opportunities...more on all of you later in the week...

 Thank you to the Custer folks who were positively the most organized and gracious staff.

Thank you to Dave and Teresa for taking such good care of Monkey - especially in this brutal weather.

But most of all....

Thanks to my helpmate (of 36 years - this week!) Dennis for creating the most incredible space for us - it just would not have been the same any other way....


Until next year...good night!

xoxo

1 comment: