Saturday, May 29, 2010

perfect for Memorial Day weekend....USAFA Dog Tags for Moms (and whoever) update!

Remember these?

well......

I just received this in my Inbox.....

That's the brand spankin' new 2nd Lieutenant Shelby Judd

Surrounded by his proud mommy, sister, auntie and grandmother.

Way to go Shel.

And on this Memorial Day weekend I'd like to thank anyone who has ever lost someone in service to our nation.

Anyone who has ever served, or is serving now.

You who protect the Freedom we take for granted.

Thank you.

A special thank you (and shout out) to my son serving in Afghanistan right now.
SSgt. Dustin Charles Johnson

Who is (like so many others) separated from everyone he loves.

Living in this....
For me.

If I had had my way, this war would never have been commenced; If I had been allowed my way this war would have ended before this, but we find it still continues; and we must believe that He permits it for some wise purpose of his own, mysterious and unknown to us; and though with our limited understandings we may not be able to comprehend it, yet we cannot but believe, that He who made the world still governs it.

Abraham Lincoln
Oct. 26, 1862

1 comment:

  1. Pammie....just love this Abe Lincoln quote...so powerful!!!

    ReplyDelete