Friday, July 2, 2010

excitement in the attic - a sneak peek!!!

One week from tomorrow we will be all set up at the Vintage Barn Show - ready to show off our new designs!

We are both still working our tails off, but I wanted to take a break, snap some photos, and give you a sneak peek into what we have been up to.

First, I need to share some cuteness inspiration I experienced while visiting California last month.

I stayed around the corner from daughter Jaime in the cutest little guest cottage owned by her good friends Sandi and Steve. As a thank you, I brought Sandi one of my dragonfly shadow box necklaces.

 One morning, as I was leaving the cottage, I ran into Sandi as she was leaving for work. She was wearing that necklace, but had layered it with some chains she already owned. I ran to get my camera - she looked so darned cute!
so I got to thinking....

I decided to follow Sandi's lead and make a few of these chunky multi-strand necklaces.

I've paired this one with my cool new 3-dimensional *Queen Bee* pendants...

 
I've really gotten into this 3-D craze....
Sorry.

Back to the business at hand.
Here are some more....
 The dragonfly.

and The Cross.
Those dangles are vintage 1940's.

I also had scads of these crystals in a drawer - I started playing around with them.
and came up with.....

All of these graphics were cut from a Second Grade Reader from 1912.

sweet!

I've still got piles of parts....
...just waiting to be put together....


stay tuned...

and don't miss this show....



Here's a glimpse of what Dennis has been working on....


I will show you later in the week some more of his new designs.

They're amazing.

Seriously.

Don't forget!

See ya there!
ps: For those of you who can't make it we are busy building a new website! More to come......

1 comment:

  1. I love it all. Your jewelry is amazing!! The pieces are so unique and beautiful!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete