Wednesday, July 22, 2009

remember these????

The older I get, the more I love soft lightening. I think these old fashioned pierced lampshades are an interesting way to create that romantic and flattering glow, don't you? But what if I don't have an outlet where I want to place a lamp - like on a dinner table for instance? How about turning a wine glass into a sweet little lamp at each place setting? We all have stemware odds and ends, so I have a way to use those orphaned glasses, and also create a lovely ambiance without the use of a cord or plug....

first you need to make a pattern from a mini lamp shade and trace it out onto some heavy paper or cardstock....

select a bold graphic...
highlight interesting curves...
trace this onto the back of your paper - I used white carbon paper, since I chose black paper...
cut along these lines with a sharp knife...
I decided I needed more flourishes....
using a pushpin, pierce directly through both pattern and paper...
cut out the shade - I love these fancy edges...
tape ends together with double-sided tape, place votive candle in the wine glass...
sweet!!!

Thanks for visiting...

Pammy

3 comments:

  1. Oh do I love this project. What a great repurpose! I definitely want to try this out as soon a I return home from France.
    ~Jermaine~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam: Memories of holiday parties with these little lights scattered all around your home.
    Merle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened onto your blog and wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed visiting you very much! I will be back soon! Twyla

    ReplyDelete