Thursday, January 7, 2010

and the winner is.......

Linda!!!!!

I had several people email me their word or contact me through Facebook and Linda was one of those. So Linda, here is your necklace.....


it is on it's way to you tomorrow!



Now I promised you that I would also take the week to ponder this very important issue.

I had a few ideas - some of them were suggestions of yours. I kept coming back to the word *listen*. I want to be a better listener, a better wife, a better mother, a better daughter, a better sister, a better friend. One of the ways to do this would be to stop talking so much and start listening more. I don't always have to have the answers - don't have to always be right. It doesn't matter who I know or what I do - I don't need to be the funniest person in the room.

But then I realized that all of this is rooted in pride. When I looked up the word pride, I not only discovered its definition, I also found it's antonym.......


hu⋅mil⋅i⋅ty: [hyoo-mil-i-tee]
–noun
the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.



There was a young woman I heard today in a video who captured the essence of how I want my 2010 (and the rest of my life) to unfold - perhaps you have heard of her - Rachael Barkey. She died last summer from breast cancer at the age of 37. I strongly urge you to listen to what she has to say - during her message, she speaks from a reality that is very profound and oh, so authentic.

You can hear it here.

So a HUGE thank you for participating in my little contest - but mostly, thank you for inspiring me and encouraging me.

Blessings,

Pammy

No comments:

Post a Comment