Friday, February 18, 2011

inspired by a friend from Blogland!

I love to blog hop.

Several days ago I popped on over to one of my favorites, Mammabellarte.

Rita, who is the artist extraordinaire behind Mammabellarte, teaches soldering (as well as many other skills).

She lives in California and I live in Idaho, which means that sadly, I cannot participate in one of her classes.

However, a few days ago she shared on her blog about a recent workshop she taught that combined wonderful collage ideas with her soldering.

She used a cheap simple chipboard jewelry box, some glitter, royalty free images, and her soldering skills to create the sweetest little shadowboxes!

Simply brilliant.

This was hers:

and here is my interpretation:


I never thought cardboard would hold up to the messy soldering process....

It was fine!

One thing you don't know about me is, one of my favorite things to do is to cut glass.

I know, weird, huh?

I love the sound of a great score.

So this is very satisfying for me.

On many levels!

Linking to Inspiration Friday over at Common Ground...
Stay warm and keep learning!

xoxo



4 comments:

  1. I am here! I love it....seriously I went ohohohoahahah. Like I said in class, all the boxes are made with the same technique but at the end they are all so different and beautiful. Pammy do you know how much damage we could make together?
    Yes I am staying in today, SoCal is getting a storm today. Ciao Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love it - who would have thought you could solder on cardboard. Definitely going on my "must try" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Pam. Who would of thought you could solder with chipboard...lipstick on a pig comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Small world, I came across Rita's etsy store the other day when I was searching journals.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete